I realize that no two people are the same and as such tailor my therapy to meet the specific needs of my clients. Whether you are struggling with anxiety, depression, relationships, or your identity, I will help you recognize underlying problems, fully realize your strengths and adjust certain behaviors and thoughts to see things a different, healthier way.
My practice specializes in treating individuals, couples and families and I offer comprehensive services dealing with:
- LGBTQIA+ Community
- Trauma, Grief, and Bereavement
- Substance Use and Addictions Counseling
- Psychological Evaluations
About Who I Love To Work With:
In addition to seeing individual clients I also provide family, couples, and relationship therapy. I work primarily with folx ages 13 and up; however, I do work with children (and their families) who have expressed or are exploring diversity in their gender and/or sexual orientation and are looking for a space to further explore these topics in a safe, developmentally appropriate way.
My “big three” therapeutic focus areas include:
- Gender therapy services (gender questioning, transgender, trans, nonbinary, gender nonconforming, gender fluid, etc.). I also work with those who are LGBQIA+, queer, non-monogamous, and anyone else who wants to be sure they will be in a non-judgmental, affirming environment when we are doing our work.
- Trauma-focused therapy. I know it can be incredibly scary and overwhelming to even think about opening up that box you tied shut, stuffed down deep inside, and have left there for months, years, or even decades. That is why you will not be alone in this journey -we will open that box together. I utilize research-based approaches and travel alongside you as you work through past traumas and make links to how those traumatic experiences are impacting your mental and physical wellbeing today. I also do a lot of work surrounding grief/loss, a specific kind of trauma that deserves its own section.
- Substance use/addictions services for individuals, couples, and families. People are diverse, and so are their pathways to addiction. I do not believe in a “one size fits all” approach to addictions work. What this means is I do not ascribe solely to an “abstinence-only” model, a “12-step” model, or any other singular approach to recovery. Rather, I utilize an individualized, collaborative, research-based, relapse management and recovery approach to help you better understand and change your relationship with [insert addiction/s here].
Forensic psychological services:
I also have specialized education and training in forensic psychology, and offer a variety of criminal and civil forensic psychological services. For more information on my forensic services, please click here.