Both Dr. Bate and Dr. Gand are able to complete court-ordered or court-involved (i.e., forensic) evaluations. Dr. Bate graduated with her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from Sam Houston State University with an emphasis in forensic psychology and completed her predoctoral internship at the Federal Correctional Complex in Butner, NC. Dr. Gand also has a background and training in forensic psychology, also completing her predoctoral internship at the Federal Correctional Complex in Butner, NC.
Throughout her training, Dr. Bate has conducted and authored various criminal and civil forensic evaluations for use by and in state and federal courts. These evaluations include:
- Competency to stand trial/capacity to proceed
- Criminal responsibility/sanity
- Violence risk assessment (adults only)
- Risk for future sexual violence (adults only)
- Assessments of malingering
- Sentencing mitigation
- Court-ordered mental health evaluation
- Probation ordered/requested mental health and substance use assessments
- Court-ordered or attorney-referred mental health assessments to be used in the context of a custody dispute
- Custody evaluations
- Parental Capacity
- Fitness for Duty
- I am trained and comfortable in the provision of expert testimony.
Dr. Bate has conducted and authored court-ordered mental health evaluations in the state of North Carolina, and is willing to travel to, and conduct evaluations in, secure facilities throughout North Carolina. For more information regarding expert services, you can also click here to learn more about forensic experts and the Office of Indigent Defense Services.
Dr. Bate is listed as a forensic resource with the North Carolina Office of Indigent Defense Services and is willing to travel to, and conduct evaluations in, secure facilities throughout North Carolina.
In addition to assessment and court-ordered therapy, Dr. Bate has also provided have also provided attorney consultation services (i.e., witness preparation, critical analysis of expert reports, etc.).
Contact us now to see how we may be of assistance regarding court-ordered, court-involved, forensic evaluation or consultation services!